Mold Removal in Austin, TX
Mold can creep into your property silently, causing not only damage to your structure but also potential health hazards. When it comes to Mold Removal in Austin, Big Guys Restoration is your trusted partner.
Austin Mold Removal
Expert Mold Remediation from Licensed, Insured & Certified Professionals
Have you noticed a problem with mold in your home or business? In addition to actually seeing mold, signs may include a strong, persistent musty odor and either a known water leak or past water damage. At Big Guys Restoration, we provide fast and effective mold removal in Austin. Our mold remediation experts are fully licensed, insured, and IICRC-certified to provide you the highest level of quality care.
Call Big Guys Restoration Today to Request More Information and Schedule a Consultation
IF YOU SUSPECT A MOLD PROBLEM, CALL 800-617-0648 TO ARRANGE AN INSPECTION FROM OUR CENTRAL TEXAS MOLD REMOVAL EXPERTS
Preventing Mold Growth
A damp, wet environment is needed for mold to flourish. Mold often begins to grow in a building after a roof leak, plumbing pipe leak, or another moisture problem. If the water damage is not properly handled at the time of the incident, mold can begin to grow. The potential health dangers posed by mold have been widely reported. Symptoms may include sneezing, runny nose, congestion, watery eyes, and feeling lethargic. People with allergies to mold, or who have asthma and other respiratory problems may be at a greater risk of developing severe symptoms.
The Mold Remediation Process
Our mold remediation process includes the following steps:
- Finding and stopping the water that is feeding mold growth
- Setting up containment
- Removal of affected areas/materials
- Safe disposal of hazardous material
- Cleaning affected areas
- Testing to ensure all mold has been eradicated
- Drying the area
- Repairing the affected area and replacing materials
- Final inspection
- Clean up
4 Myths About Mold Removal
1. If you hire the right company, mold removal can be really cheap – Since the proper equipment, insurance, and workers’ comp are all pretty pricey, no legitimate mold removal company can be that cheap. If it is, it probably means they’re not a great fit as they do not have all of the necessities to run the business.
2. Mold removal gets rid of 100% of mold – This is why it’s called mold remediation. If somebody comes in an says they’ll remove every last bit of mold, then they’re lying to you. Our mold removal pros will remove all the mold they can, but we will not lie to you in the process.
3. Mold won’t grow back after removal – After mold remediation, you have to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. It’s best to do this in two ways: 1) Ensure that the area has proper ventilation and 2) consider installing a dehumidifier to take the moisture out of the air. If you do these two things you shouldn’t have a mold problem.
4. You can’t DIY mold remediation – If the mold is rather small and you consider yourself relatively handy, you can take care of a small job. Make sure you wear gloves and a mask and use a soft brush with some over-the-counter mold cleaner.
Before scrubbing, make sure all airways to the rest of your house are sealed and any windows to the outdoors are open. Combine one quart of water and a half cup of mold cleaner and clean until you cannot see any more mold. Don’t rinse with water, let the mold cleaner dry on the infected area.
Mold Remediation Pros Dedicated to You
Once mold begins to grow, it can quickly take hold and spread throughout your building. For this reason, it is best to address the problem as soon as you notice signs of mold contamination. This allows us to get rid of the contaminated materials and prevent further damage to your home, saving you considerable time, effort, and money.
WHY CHOOSE US?
We stand behind our work 100% and never leave the job until our customers are happy.
We offer emergency services 24/7 year-round so that you can get back to your normal routine, quickly!
Professional & Well-Trained Technicians
We are fully licensed and insured.
Complete Customer Care
We will work with your insurance companies to make the claim and restoration process streamlined.